Fuji shutter release frozen fully pressed position

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
anthony semone Regular Member • Posts: 139
Fuji shutter release frozen fully pressed position

I continued to lose soft release buttons via their failure to stay tightened. Used a small "dab" of blue Loctite on threads of soft release. Worked beautifully for the 6 months or so I've had the camera. After a 2-3 week period of no use, camera stored in humidity/temp controlled environment, I took a photo and noticed no "half press" position. In fact, shutter release itself was in a "frozen," fully pressed position. I removed soft release with no difficulty and confirmed that there was no Loctite residue in the opening. Release button will NOT move. So:

1. Anybody else have this happen? My fear is that Loctite found its way into the remote release opening and somehow jammed it up, although with the length of time I was using the camera I had no difficulty at all until now. If you've had the problem, were you able to solve it w/o returning it to Fuji in Edison NJ. I'm but 45' from their site from where I live.

2. Is there a way to reassign the shutter release to another button? Either the screen or another? I am unable to locate such an option on Menu list.

3. Camera is out of warranty, Any thoughts as to cost of repair from Fuji? I'll call them Tuesday in any event.

I'll appreciate any help any of you all might give me.  TIA, Anthony

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow