Decisons I hate them

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rocket13 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,930
Decisons I hate them

Maybe you seen, from another post this month I was getting ready to pull the trigger on an R5 that I have been saving up for, currently shooting with 90D since 90% of my shooting is wildlife birds in flight. My 90D has to be past 500k shutter clicks based on when I sent it in for service two years ago for failed af board it was at 200K then after owning it for 11 months. I shoot everyday I get an hour lunch and work near many public lakes and wetlands, although I have stopped shooting everything that moves and now hunt for specific subjects depending on migration seasons.

Now here is where the decision comes in, I am starting to like a mixture of photography more and more, portraits , etc. but of course will still  be doing my nature walks everyday at lunch so lots of birding. Now Canon drops the R7 on me. It looks to me and as you can tell I am far from  an expert the 90D with AF on steroids, I am hopeful for an uptick in Iso performance since the RF 100-400 if I remember correctly is f7 wide open I would think they would try to get better iso performance albeit not full frame performance out of the R7 to sell more lenses.  I understand because I have done it I can still take portraits with an APSC sensor but are there limitations compared to full frame other then the a fore mentioned low light capabilities?

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow