The best option for Sony standard zoom lens, exceptionally mastery.

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pandarial New Member • Posts: 8
The best option for Sony standard zoom lens, exceptionally mastery.

I have been a Sony full frame camera user for 4 years, but I am always looking for a perfect standard zoom lens for it. The FE 24-70 GM is too much heavy and bulky, and the image quality is not satisfying. Now I find the answer: the Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Mark 2!

I am amazed by its compact size and weight: it is hardly to believe this is an F2.8 stand zoom lens! It has corner to corner sharpness, as competitive to prime lens, except that it does not have F1.4 aperture.

4 XD linear motors means that the focusing work is done once you press the shutter. I cannot even feel the lagging of auto focussing.

The bokeh is creamy, yes, G Master-level creamy.

Despite the price, this is the only choice for Sony FF user, if you are looking for a standard zoom lens.

Pandarial's gear list:Pandarial's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Sony a7R III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +8 more
Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
Zoom lens • Sony FE
Announced: Apr 27, 2022
Pandarial's score
Average community score
Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow