Taking a risk - with the Xpro3?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Leebristol33 Regular Member • Posts: 208
Taking a risk - with the Xpro3?

Hey! I'm having a bit of anxiety lol. I've had an itch for the Xpro 3 for a while. I bundled up my Xpro2 and X100v and off they went yesterday to MPB for a trade for an Xpro3.

I did the same with an XT3 and XE3 for an XT4 the other day.

Over lockdown and before TBH, I seem to have collected too many cameras. Retail therapy.

When planning a trip etc I ended up often with the 'paradox of choice' and agonised (probably an overstatement but you get my drift) over which one to take.

I love cameras - and I mean love. I  have a collection of film cameras which I also use and enjoy from time to time.

But I ended up with quite a bit of overlap eg X100v and Ricoh GR3 (I prefer the size of the Ricoh). XE3 and Pen F - and I prefer the experience of the Pen F.

I'm all sorted for Fuji lenses BTW (as you'd imagine by my buying habits) so buying glass wasn't really an thing.

Am I alone in this eg having too much stuff and therefore perhaps using it or some much less or not at all.

What about the Xpro3? I know it's probably controversial to trade in an X100V (and Xpro2!) but I never really felt the love for the X100V - not sure why. I had plenty of compliments for it - but it didn't warrant keeping. And the Xpro2 is a fine camera as well.

Call me shallow, but sometimes a camera goes beyond function into being a beautiful object and tactile experience. But overall for me, I had too much and with too much overlap for my use cases.

Anyone have a similar experience of rationalising their kit or selling on a camera that is wildly loved by most people? Aesthetics can be quite diverse too - with some people being much more about function rather than form.

Leebristol33's gear list:Leebristol33's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro2 Olympus PEN-F +15 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow