Compacts and dust on the sensor (again) - is it time to go mirrorless?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LorneBMT New Member • Posts: 22
Compacts and dust on the sensor (again) - is it time to go mirrorless?

Hey there,

That's two high-end compacts, two cameras with dust-on-the-sensor issues.

First it was my Canon S95 (though I found a guy who was able to fix it for not too much money), and just recently, my g9x II (Canon's asking $400 CDN for repair, which hardly seems worth it).

So it looks like it's time for a new camera, and I'm trying to decide which route to go.

The case for sticking with the Canon g series is the size, particularly of the g9x II, which fits so easily in a pocket.

The case for going mirrorless is the repeated experience with dust, and the potential for having a camera that can do more than a compact.

Wondering about any thoughts you might have on that, and also on this...is there something in between that you would recommend?  Let's say a compact that might not quite fit in a pocket but would easily fit on a belt?  Similarly, any mirrorless cameras also light enough to fit on a belt that you'd recommend?

Thanks,

LBMT

Canon G9 X II Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow