Full Circle - a Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D after 17 years

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ibbz
ibbz Regular Member • Posts: 157
Full Circle - a Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D after 17 years
  1. Well after what? 17 years I’ve come full circle.

just bought a lovely KM 7D again!

it was my first DSLR which I bought in 2005. (Was a Dynax 5 SLR user before that - being my first foray into Minolta AF SLR’s

about 5 years ago i went back to Minolta - I bought a Minolta Maxxum 7 SLR and have been using it and loving it - (after forays into Fuji and Olympus mirrorless) (most of those years I was using a contax G2 and medium format) I bought a nice selection of lenses with it (24, 50 f1.4, 85 f1.4, 100mm macro and the beercan. Plus a Helios 44-2 with the M42 adaptor.

About  2 years ago I bought a Sony A900 but recently sold it as it was too big and heavy plus I wasn’t keen on the colours. So yesterday I saw a 7D for £65 and bought it. It’s arrived today and I’m feeling so much nostalgia - it looks and feels great plus a nice companion to my Maxxum 7 SLR.
I prefer the colour and rendering on this rather than the disappointing A900. I shoot mostly travel and portraiture in available light at base ISO the latitude of the 7D isn’t great but not an issue for me as my photos are all blue sky and well lit - i shoot BW film for any other condition. On 35mm I only shoot colour in E6. i shoot mostly with my 50mm f1.4 and want a standard lens of similar performance and speed for the 7D - any recommendations?

thanks

Canon EOS 7D Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D (Dynax 7D / Alpha-7 Digital) Nikon Coolpix A900 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow