Clever strategy: the OM-5 specs in July per 43rdsrumors

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 47,127
Clever strategy: the OM-5 specs in July per 43rdsrumors

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-new-om-5-will-be-announced-in-july/

So according to 43rumors, the OM-5 will *not* be a successor to the EM5.3 but a cheaper OM1 alike model.

I find this pretty smart - replace the EM1.3 tier pricing with a cheaper less fully featured OM1 but probably keeping key aspects for the better image quality with the new sensor.

This allows people interested in stills mainly to go this way, save money, and saves OMDS a lot of R&D cost. I wonder if it could be an OM1 with different firmware or perhaps near OM1 but with less memory socketed in, etc.

This seems to be a very clever move to do what they can with the resources they have that strikes me as still effective.

I still want to see where they go with the smaller camera models- or are they abandoning them altogether. But they have said several times the PEN line continues, so want to see what happens there.

Do you agree? Disagree? Please vote.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - Apparently Selwyn Duke and not George Orwell

POLL
Yes, it sure seems a good strategy. Provide a lot of the good at a lower price, save R&D money.
38.2% 47  votes
Bad strategy (please explain in a reply why you think so).
4.1% 5  votes
Well, I rather see a true EM5.3 successor in July
23.6% 29  votes
Well, I rather see a new Pen like a PENF.2 or EP7 with EVF instead of lash, but with the new sensor, cpu.
30.1% 37  votes
Something else (please reply below).
4.1% 5  votes
  Show results
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
Dan
Dan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow