Z7II -- and so it begins.. anything to do first?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ciordia9
Ciordia9 Junior Member • Posts: 29
Z7II -- and so it begins.. anything to do first?

Got my used Z7II in today and running it through its paces so I can both validate it works right(!) and get my sea legs.

I'm glad I stayed with Nikon. It's so nice having one of their bodies in your hand if you are used to it, and whirling through the menu is just an iteration not something weird and new.

Quick First Snaps

Hi, Pixel. =o.o=

It's a Start

As I wandered around the house and I remember everyone warning about manual focus, I guess I forget that I've been shooting video for.... maybe a decade and manual focus is all I've really used so throwing focus isn't a really big issue. (Although I'd love zebra/focal hashes in photo not just video.) Does it take advantage of anything? Nah, but at least glass is still glass. Now I did throw on an old kit 55-200 I think and got to see it truck around as I tracked some critters. I'll get my Z glass arsenal up soon, I promise, but those who have aversions to manual focus, it's ok--really.

Things to Customize?

So, now that I've got this--what are some things to consider early on? Menu configurations that help? Things that shouldn't be missed? What has helped you or made life easier by adjusting, special functioning, etc?

Ciordia9's gear list:Ciordia9's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow