OM-1 Banding/Flicker using Pro Capture

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe Trimarchi Veteran Member • Posts: 4,588
OM-1 Banding/Flicker using Pro Capture

I noticed last night while changing some settings in my OM-1 that using Pro Capture in my home under LED lighting I saw very heavy Banding/Flicker. It is the worst using Pro Capture SH-2. I tried the suggestions from the manual on page 108 with no success in getting rid of or reducing it. I did a search on this forum and there is another thread

"OM-1 Anti-Flicker LV and S-AF issues - anyone else have this?" You can find that discussion at: OM-1 Anti-Flicker LV and S-AF issues - anyone else have this?: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com)

That thread originated in the UK where Steve mentioned their current is 50Hz. I'm is the USA where our current is 60 Hz and I can't duplicate what is happening in that thread even if I change to S-AF so I think I am experiencing a different issue. I'm using C-AF/MF with Pro Capture SH2 in S/M Mode. I turned on Flicker Scan Menu 1 page 4 but no matter how I adjusted the SS up or down I couldn't get rid of the banding.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is this part of an issue OM Solutions is already aware of?

I had already updated the OM-1 firmware to 1.1 before I stumbled on this issue so I don't know if it was that way before the update.

Olympus Stylus SH-2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow