Sharpening, noise reduction, and colour correction for TIFFs?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
16GreenBeans
16GreenBeans Forum Member • Posts: 72
Sharpening, noise reduction, and colour correction for TIFFs?

Hey all,

After really getting into macro photography over the last year, I've realized that almost every one of my photos could be improved in 3 main areas: improving sharpness, reducing noise, and removing colour blotching.

As someone completely new to retouching software, I'm kinda at a loss for what program to go for. Being a hobbyist, I really wouldn't need any super fancy features or tech, that said, I've found GIMP to be a bit lacking with the noise reduction and sharpening it offers. The whole adobe subscription system also seems out of my budget for the long term.

The kicker is that the software would need to work for TIFF files. I use a weird camera with a RAW format that is incompatible with 99.5% of programs, this forces me to export my files as TIFF for processing.

Does anyone happen to have any suggestions?

Also, below is a photo highlighting my sharpness, noise, and colour blotching problems. (The blotches are green and purple patches inside the blue paint.)

Cheers!

16GreenBeans's gear list:16GreenBeans's gear list
Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG Macro Art
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow