Getting the 16-55mm wet?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deepsun
deepsun Forum Member • Posts: 68
Getting the 16-55mm wet?

A couple times this week I've been out shooting with my 16-55 and have gotten caught in some light rain. If this was another of Fujifilm's WR lenses, I wouldn't even be posting.

Since the 16-55 zooms externally, I've started to wonder about whether it could get damaged from water on the part of the barrel that slides inside the lens when zooming. Mostly I tried wiping off what little water was on that part of the lens before zooming back out, but I'm sure I missed some.

I guess I'd be most worried about fungi starting to grow inside. Last night I left it zoomed all the way in on my office desk. Our house is reasonably dry since we have the A/C on.

I've inspected the lens and can't tell that it got any water inside from zooming in and out while it was a bit wet, but does anyone else think there could be something I'm missing?

Thanks.

P.s. For kicks, here's one of those images I got in the rain.

deepsun's gear list:deepsun's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow