Reliability of Fuji GFX 50S?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shashinka73 Junior Member • Posts: 49
Reliability of Fuji GFX 50S?

Looking to get some idea of the general reliability of this camera. Version 1. I would also consider the 50R, but I'm wary of the grip. Doesn't look very comfortable.

I currently have a Hasselblad X1D. While I have no complaints at all about the image quality, which is superb, the camera itself is annoyingly temperamental (whiteouts in the EVF, "no lens detected" when there very much is a lens on, lockups, erratic behaviour when using the thumb to select the focus point - and my firmware is fully up to date), so I'm seriously considering trading it in and looking at the Fuji.

It's been my experience, having used cameras from most companies over the years, that cameras from Japanese makers are less likely to give you trouble than cameras from other makers (in my case that means Hasselblad and Leica), but that's one person's experience.

So if anyone has used the GFX 50S (mark 1) for long enough to get a feel for its reliability (or otherwise), please pitch in and let me know. I'm willing to hear everything from "never had a problem with it" to "it's a nightmare" and all stops in between.

Cheers.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Hasselblad X1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow