Nikon F user transition to Nikon mirrorless.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
raunak Regular Member • Posts: 130
Nikon F user transition to Nikon mirrorless.

Hi all,

I am a long time Nikon DSLR user (D90--> D7100 --> D750) and looking to make the move to mirrorless soon. No specific "need" to make the move but just that I can afford it now and that I really didn't buy anything special for my last 2 birthdays so I think I can treat myself to something nice :-).
I previously thought of getting some nice DSLR glass for my D750 but not really sure I should spend anymore on a dying platform and maybe it will be more future proof to just make the move to mirrorless instead.

I shoot mostly travel, street, nature/macro stuff and am mostly in AF-S with my DSLR and I think the Z6II will be plenty good for me. I am starting to get into video as well so the 4K (30/60crop) abilities of the camera excite me along with the IBIS. Don't like the fact that it doesn't do 10-bit internally though and the fact that I need to get two different types of cards to use both slots. But not sure if there will be a Z6 III coming anytime soon to address this and the Z6II is at a pretty good discount where I live now (2100 US$ with the kit 24-70 f/4S).

The only major concern that I have is about the EVF. Will I hate it? Have they got to the point where it doesn't look like you're watching a dim TV through a peephole? I've loved shooting DSLRs where the OVF just feels like an extension of your eye and you basically just see things as they are. For others who made the move, how was this experience? If you did hate it, how long did it take for you to get used to the EVF?

Anything else that took time for you to adjust when making the switch? Love to hear how it went for you.

Cheers,
Raunak

raunak's gear list:raunak's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow