Is this the natural look of a Canon Canonet 28 iris\shutter at f5.6?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
lmans100
lmans100 Senior Member • Posts: 1,121
Re: Is this the natural look of a Canon Canonet 28 iris\shutter at f5.6?

Overrank wrote:

rick6 wrote:

Thank you. As the person in that thread said, you made my day!

Seems that the shutter from the QL is different from the canonet 28, I didn't know that and seeing some QL's on YouTube made me think my canonet was broken.

Now we're just going to try a roll with a 1.5v alternative battery and see how it works.

A few years ago I had a QL 17 and a Canonet 28 at the same time and I actually preferred the 28. So long as the meter is working they are a great little camera - I found them easier to focus than the QL.

Good luck with yours !

Both of these cameras are tough to focus due to the rangefinder and smaller view finder on these. But good cameras. I seem to remember that 'odd' triangle as you have shown in your image. I don't have mine anymore but that might be how it all 'shuttered' out. Take a small roll of 24 and see how it turns out. You might notice at that time some other issues such as the light seals etc.    I am not sure where you picked it up at but many times these older cameras come over from Japan and they do an excellent job of making them look cosmetically wonderful but not always a CLA....      But a great camera and quite a cult following, jim

-- hide signature --
 lmans100's gear list:lmans100's gear list
Leica X2 Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Ricoh GR II Ricoh GR III Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow