Travel with 2 small bodies, lens recommendation help

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pad-Thai-101
Pad-Thai-101 Junior Member • Posts: 26
Travel with 2 small bodies, lens recommendation help

Hello all,

I am thinking about moving from Sony FE system to m4/3 and plan to have 2 small bodies and small lenses for Traveling. Since I don’t like to switch lenses and want to travel light.

1. I plan to have an Olympus Pen-F, but it’s hard to find a used one on eBay and/or the E-P7 which I don’t think they sell in the USA. So I am thinking about an  Olympus E-PL9 and an Panasonic GX9. Is it too confusing to have 2 different brands? I thought I lease I have the flip screen from E-PL9 and EVF from GX9.
  2. One body might be paired with a Wide angle lens, still not sure what to get between Olympus 9-18mm or the preorder the Panasonic 9mm 1.7
  3. Second body I'd like to Pair with Panasonic 20mm 1.7 which I like its small form factor. Hopefully I can detach the body and lens and put in different pants pockets if I want to.
  4. This is my headache, what is a decent travel Telephoto lens. Thinking about Panasonic 45-200mm or 40-150mm (Pana/Oly) or any recommendation? I don't mind if it's slow, but prefer it small, light and sharp enough.
  5. from no.5, should I even go with the Olympus macro 60mm or 75mm to cover the semi-telephoto range.

Sorry for my poor English and Thank you in advance

Pad-Thai

Pad-Thai-101's gear list:Pad-Thai-101's gear list
Sony a7C Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Samyang AF 35mm F1.8 FE Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN
Olympus E-PL9 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow