battery grip for R7?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
PicPocket Veteran Member • Posts: 5,873
Re: Battery Grip Is a Must Have 4 Me

Justhandguns wrote:

BigBen08 wrote:

Sage wrote:

Currently, I shoot airshows (remote control and full scale ) with my gripped 7DM2. I take thousands of pictures and it does a great job. I had hoped the R7 would be a viable replacement for my 7DM2, but if a solid, preferably Canon grip is not an option, then a R7 will not work for me. There's no way I plan to keep a pocket full of batteries with me at every airshow to feed a naturally power hungry mirror-less camera. If a battery grip is not an option, then this is an inexplicable miss on Canon's part, especially for a sports and wildlife oriented camera.

I also shoot air shows using my 300 f2.8 IS II + 1.4xIII.

There is a lot that is attractive about the R7, but why they don't make a grip for it makes no sense. The R7 is small, and a grip would be helpful with my lens attached, as I hand hold my cameras while photographing aircraft in flight. And I don't like the idea of having to change batteries during a performance.

But, I placed a pre-order for the R7. I'll give it a try. If it doesn't work for my type of shooting then I'll look at the R5.

Same here, I hope this will not be a deal breaker for me.

But even if Canon is not going to make one, I am sure some third party companies from China which will make one with some sort of hacks to do it mechanically and electronically (umm, I have to correct myself here, there may not be vertical controls in this case if there is no contacts inside the battery compartment).

The contacts will be a definitive answer, but even if they existed, 3rd party grips for R mount bodies dont seem to exist for some reason. Even for bodies that have been around for a few years now

-- hide signature --
 PicPocket's gear list:PicPocket's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow