battery grip for R7?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Justhandguns Regular Member • Posts: 154
Re: Battery Grip Is a Must Have 4 Me

BigBen08 wrote:

Sage wrote:

Currently, I shoot airshows (remote control and full scale ) with my gripped 7DM2. I take thousands of pictures and it does a great job. I had hoped the R7 would be a viable replacement for my 7DM2, but if a solid, preferably Canon grip is not an option, then a R7 will not work for me. There's no way I plan to keep a pocket full of batteries with me at every airshow to feed a naturally power hungry mirror-less camera. If a battery grip is not an option, then this is an inexplicable miss on Canon's part, especially for a sports and wildlife oriented camera.

I also shoot air shows using my 300 f2.8 IS II + 1.4xIII.

There is a lot that is attractive about the R7, but why they don't make a grip for it makes no sense. The R7 is small, and a grip would be helpful with my lens attached, as I hand hold my cameras while photographing aircraft in flight. And I don't like the idea of having to change batteries during a performance.

But, I placed a pre-order for the R7. I'll give it a try. If it doesn't work for my type of shooting then I'll look at the R5.

Same here, I hope this will not be a deal breaker for me.

But even if Canon is not going to make one, I am sure some third party companies from China which will make one with some sort of hacks to do it mechanically and electronically (umm, I have to correct myself here, there may not be vertical controls in this case if there is no contacts inside the battery compartment).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow