SB-900 Flash questions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Janer_2
Janer_2 Regular Member • Posts: 308
SB-900 Flash questions

I recently bought a second hand SB-900 to get a bit more reach and possibly pair with my SB-600 for some macro work.

Admittedly I haven't got much experience using flash but I am getting some decent results by playing around with it. However I've noticed one thing that seems odd. The SB-600 changes focal length based on whichever lens I use and I can set it manually.

The SB-900 does not change from 14mm no matter what I've tried so far. I've used the reset function, turned manual zoom on in the menu, removed all the accessories and tried seeing if the little switches has anything to do with it. So far nothing has helped.

I'll provide some photos of the screen etc later on if that can help. I haven't done extensive Google searches, but I've tried some of the tips I've seen there. Is it supposed to stay at 14mm all the time?

Edit: There is some material glued to the flash itself, most likely to prevent any room for play with the diffuser. I'll add photos later.

Janer_2's gear list:Janer_2's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +50 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow