How consistent are incident light meter readings?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PeterB66 New Member • Posts: 23
How consistent are incident light meter readings?

I am trying to do a complex indoor / flash outdoor setup and, while my assumption is that whether I meter indoors, outdoors, or form the flash, these are all relative to an absolute EV, i.e. it is not relative to 50% grey or anything else, and if I take an incident meter reading of the same light on different days or in different situations, I should come up with the same values each time.

I decided to test this (staying away from stuff like back-lighting that might mess with the reading vs what the camera captures), and in some instances the exposures from my D610 looked correct, but in others they looked up to two stops too light

Technical: I am using the incident sphere on a Polaris flash meter, which on the Polaris does not recess into the meter (no haters, please: we buy what we can afford). Because I was mainly testing low light situations, I was alternating between ISO 4000 and ISO 1600, don't know if high ISO's would affect accuracy.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow