A walk in the woods

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Len Philpot
Len Philpot Regular Member • Posts: 250
A walk in the woods

...kinda. It was just a local park / rec area walking path, but there were trees! Mostly I was looking for an excuse to push a (shutter) button.

Also I'm looking for images to (oh so very slowly, bit-by-agonizing-bit) improve my eye, camera and processing "skills".

These were shot with my Canon T8i / 850D, Canon EF 70-300 USM IS zoom and Sigma 17-70 DC zoom. Processed in darktable 3.9, resized, sharpened and exported in GIMP 2.10.30.

Big leaf! That was about eight inches across. I have no idea what kind it is, nor did I find a tree in the area with similar leaves. But it couldn't have been far since it was still green and supple.

I started to call this "The Survivor", but other than still standing (for the time being) it doesn't look like it's really survived.

One little white mushroom in a bed of pine needles and stray St. Augustine grass. Can you find the ant?

-- hide signature --

Len Philpot
Retirement: 4th best thing to happen to me

Len Philpot's gear list:Len Philpot's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T8i (EOS 850D) Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Topaz Adjust Topaz DeJPEG Topaz Detail +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow