A weekend at Point Pelee

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CompleteUtterNonsense Regular Member • Posts: 199
A weekend at Point Pelee

It has been years since I've been down that way and my kids had never been, so we decided to spend the long weekend down there hiking, birding and plant gawking.

This was my first opportunity to give the camera a good workout. I got a few good shots, some oh-so-close ones, and a many that were not so good.

A fail. Blackburnian Warbler. This is one gorgeous bird, but I could not get a single clear shot. This one unfortunately was focused on the branch in front.

Oh so close. Though it is not uncommon, my favourite sighting of the weekend was an Indigo Bunting.

One that worked. We spent some time at the tip of the point. On the first day it was warm and all we saw was people. On the Monday Morning it was cool and windy so there were only birders who respectfully stayed off the area where the birds were. Dunlin

The best shot of the weekend SOOC no processing needed. Wild Columbine.

On the Sunday we went on a guided walk led by a very knowledgeable birder. I was impressed by how easily he could pick out individual birds from the cacophony of calls. There are a number of birds we would not have been able to spot on our own.

Though I really struggled to quickly get birds in view, zoom and focus, I had an absolute blast. I'm hooked.

I'll post more pictures here as I sort through them.

CompleteUtterNonsense's gear list:CompleteUtterNonsense's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow