battery grip for R7?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 29,601
Re: Battery Grip Is a Must Have 4 Me

Distinctly Average wrote:

Sage wrote:

Currently, I shoot airshows (remote control and full scale ) with my gripped 7DM2. I take thousands of pictures and it does a great job. I had hoped the R7 would be a viable replacement for my 7DM2, but if a solid, preferably Canon grip is not an option, then a R7 will not work for me. There's no way I plan to keep a pocket full of batteries with me at every airshow to feed a naturally power hungry mirror-less camera. If a battery grip is not an option, then this is an inexplicable miss on Canon's part, especially for a sports and wildlife oriented camera.

That seems odd to me. A box to keep batteries in that is attached to the camera, rather than a few spares stashed somewhere. Then again, I am not a grip user as most of my shooting is not in portrait mode.

When I shoot with the 7D II gripped, it's not for the extra battery but to better balance the camera with a large lens such as the 100-400 L or 500 f/4.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow