Need opinions about FZ80 rattling-buzzing spring-like sound when camera is tapped, powered on or off

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP RD Lumix New Member • Posts: 19
Re: Need opinions about FZ80 rattling-buzzing spring-like sound when camera is tapped...

ukmark62 wrote:

Hi,

I have the UK version of this camera, the FZ-82. I have had this camera for over a year (new from Panasonic direct) and I also get the "buzzing/vibration" when tapping the camera where you have highlighted the red arrows. Camera works perfectly.

Not sure what causes this slight "buzz/vibration" but for myself, I have not had any issues at all.

Mark.

Mark...That is extremely helpful. It tells me the shipping issue did not cause this. Yes, this camera also seems to perform well. Did you hold it it by the barrel? I noticed holding it by the grip gave the buzzing, however not as loud. The first camera had the buzzing when tapped on the other side/edge opposite the grip, but I was not holding it by the barrel then.

If I hold the barrel aiming it to the ground the buzzing noise is not there when tapping. I thought maybe it is the spring in the battery door or the flash, but not so.

I first noticed this sound simply by setting the camera onto a counter. I thought "Huh?"

RD.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow