Am I the only one who is a bit tired of all this? Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 12,975
Am I the only one who is a bit tired of all this?

I still click the rumors website regularly to see what's happening, but must say that my enthusiasm isn't what it used to be. I blame it on the current state of affairs, "Shares of Sturm, Ruger & Company jumped as much as 5.8%, while Smith & Wesson soared as much as 10%" after the Texas shooting, there's money to be made. I find that although Smith & Wesson is creaming it that at the same time I don't feel like looking at the stacked - or non-stacked - sensor of the new Fuji X-H2.

Putin's war also not helpful with my eagerness to buy. Covid has put a huge dent into what used to be one of my main passions over the last 50 years. The divide between rich and poor ... just too many issues around the world that keep me from even thinking about stacked sensors.

In short: I will possibly have a look but my enthusiasm is near the bottom.

Am I a just a party-pooper or is there a general mood to un-link? Or like so often an issue of "it's just me"??

However, having said all that, here's a suggestion for Fuji (and others, hello SONY, remember the RX1 series??): since development isn't cheap, why not test the waters and announce that the strategy for the future might be to charge for updates. Like Capture One or LR charge for essentially the same "skin" with new stuff under the bonnet?

I would pay for X-Pro3 updates. It doesn't have to be free.

For that I would turn my computer on on 31st May 2022!!! But 40Mpx non-stacked? Pfffffft ... I already have a couple of 42Mpx cameras. One with eye AF that actually works. And since I have owned those I have come to the conclusion that the grass isn't much greener regarding megapixel. 26 is already quite a lot!

*stateofaffairsrantover*

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-Pro3 Sony a7R IIIA Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +8 more
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow