Canon 24-70 f2.8 or stick with 18-135 USM

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Haribo1681 New Member • Posts: 14
Re: Canon 24-70 f2.8 or stick with 18-135 USM

Gam3r01 wrote:

The 18-135 is a great convenient lens when you can't be bothered to swap lenses.

If you know what you'll be shooting and can work with it, the 24-70 is the way to go. Great pairing to your new telephoto purchase.

I personally can't limit myself or take the time to change lenses for my uses, so much like your 18-135 range, my 24-240mm is used 80% of the time.

Are you considering full frame DSLR or Mirrorless? While you can adapt EF glass you may consider waiting and getting the native RF version if that's the route you take.

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.

I often end up feeling conflicted between whatever lens I have on my camera and the one in my bag - which is way I end up using the 18-135 as it covers such a wide range. I’m still very ,I have learning though so I think that will improve with experience.

on the FF vs mirror less question - I haven’t decided just yet; I think mirrorless is the way to go but I’m not totally sure, which is part of the reason why I’m happy to kick that decision down the road for a bit.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow