X100 multi?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Matsu Senior Member • Posts: 2,482
X100 multi?

The other day I was cleaning out some drawers and I found my old Hanimex 110 film camera. It's a flat brick shape that you hold more like a set of binoculars.

Here's a link from classic cameras

By sliding a lens engagement switch you can flip from 28 to 43mm.  I thought... "Wouldn't that be fun in a compact?" Some sort of arrangement with two lenses built-in?

The X100 looks like it has about half its lens elements recessed in the body.  Made me wonder if a camera body design of somewhat similar proportions to the X100 could accommodate 28mm APSC (40/42mm FF equivalent) pancake lens on the front and then stuff the body with a switchable wide convertor to give a 18mm ASPC (27-28mm equivalent).

From the front it would look like a fixed lens compact, just one hiding a second focal length inside...

Matsu's gear list:Matsu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow