Sony RX10iv: Love it or List it (part 4) BIF!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jwBobby458 Contributing Member • Posts: 506
Sony RX10iv: Love it or List it (part 4) BIF!

Hi there, well actually metal BIF. and yes these do still fly. I took my RX10iv to the first airshow of the year at Old Warden which has the Shuttleworth collection of historic aircraft. Thoughts and how to improve would be much appreciated.

First up, I think the RX10iv is able to capture a higher level of detail when compared with similar shots taken with my FZ200.

FZ200 Bristol Boxkite

RX10iv Bristol Boxkite - Rigging is much better picked out

RX10iv Bristol Boxkite

However, there were times when the detail could be lost and I do not know why! It might just be lighting, but I would like better.

RX10iv Fauvel AV-36 Fin detail  blurred

FZ200 Fauvel AV-36

There were also occasions when images of aircraft taxiing, or taking off appear to be much crisper than the same planes in flight against the sky.

Sopwith Triplane taking off

Sopwith Triplane in flight.

Bristol F2B taking off

Bristol F2B in flight

Ryan STM taxiiing

Ryan STM in flight

Any thoughts and comments much appreciated. Signing off with a few more pictures which I hope you enjoy. Old Warden is well worth a visit. Take care and stay safe. John

You can outrun this one when flying. Show commentators were praying for no wind.

1909 Bleriot XI

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow