battery grip for R7?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
boldcolors Senior Member • Posts: 1,695
Re: No battery grip for R7 - why?

Messier Object wrote:

Distinctly Average wrote:

boldcolors wrote:

curlyone wrote:

Hi , there will be a grip, they generally dont come out straight away, i'd say around August/September, the camera it self wont be available till mid june, i think.

And you are basing this claim on what? Previous releases? As mentioned earlier, there are no physical signs that it will allow a batterygrip.

Or have you heard anything else?

Watch the Adorama video. Rudy Winston stated there are no plans for a grip.

Rudy also corrected the Adorama guy and clearly stated that the R7 was never intended to be a 7DII successor and the '7' is just coincidental and not intended as a reference to the 7D DSLR line.

Perhaps the R7 should have been named R70 and the R10 should have been R700

Peter

Then Canon needs to get their logic in order. The R5 was clearly the mirrorless 5D followed by R6 as a 6D replacement. The R3 is not supposed to be a real 1D replacement according to previous statements so I guess we are still waiting for an R1.

It makes total sense for Canons customers to expect that the R7 is a mirrorless 7D. Would be interesting to hear an official comment from Canon regarding this.

boldcolors's gear list:boldcolors's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow