Paying to learn PP

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sundre
Sundre Contributing Member • Posts: 926
Paying to learn PP

I began my photography journey during the first year of the pandemic with a Panasonic G9, and have made decent progress in most ways. I now own a Sony A9. Here's what I like to photograph:

- Concerts

- Theatre

- Fire dancing

- Other live events

- Street photography

There generally isn't a whole lot of light, and much of the movement is fast-paced.

Post-processing is the one part of my photography I feel I have not made much progress in. I have an Adobe Cloud subscription with Photoshop + Lightroom plus DxO Photolab 5 Elite. I recognise that many of the photos I admire have been very skilfully edited.

I feel fairly lost when it comes to improving my PP skills, and I don't particularly enjoy this part of the process. I much prefer to be out there with my camera in my hand and tend to rely on quick, template-based Lightroom edits (I have downloaded around 20 free templates).

I would like to improve my PP skills in a major way, but I have more money than time at my disposal.

There are a lot of PP courses and videos out there. I don't know which ones are good, and I don't want to waste a lot of time finding out. I especially dislike watching videos for some reason, which is particularly impractical where PP is concerned as that's probably where most of the good stuff is. I generally prefer to read over watching.

I wouldn't mind spending some money on improving my PP skills, whether to pay for private tutoring or online courses. I just want to know I'm getting a solid return on my investment.

To give you an idea of where I'm at, here are a couple of what I currently consider as my best photos to date.

Very grateful for any help and pointers!

Sundre's gear list:Sundre's gear list
Sony a9 Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 FE Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow