Print size limitation?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
New to DSC-World Regular Member • Posts: 288
Print size limitation?

I print on a Canon Pro-4100 44" printer, mostly large pans from a GFX 100S, using the Canon print driver and Photoshop. There seems to be a hard limit at 120 inches or so (about 3 meters) on print length, though I am not clear if this is imposed by PS or the print driver. I think it might be the latter.

I tend to have a "cookbook" approach to printing software, using one approach that works for me, with a single paper (HFA Baryta Satin, 44" rolls that are 39 feet in length) and custom profile, and the above software. But now I have a photo that would be 140 inches at 300 DPI (about 42,000 pixels wide), which I would really like to print at that size (it is the Valley of Glendalough, in Ireland, where I live). So my question is "What are my options?" Can using Qimage (I have this, but have not used it much; purchased during my "experimental phase") help, or are there simpler, or other software-based, options? I would rather not print in two pieces and fit together.

I am (sort of!) aware that Canon has other more flexible printing software options, but I am not familiar with any of them, and would still like to be able to use the Color Management workflow that I have established, insofar as possible.

Thanks very much for any guidance!

Best regards,

Nathan

New to DSC-World's gear list:New to DSC-World's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow