R7 likes and dislikes...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcr67
jcr67 Senior Member • Posts: 1,535
R7 likes and dislikes...

Upon first sight of R7 I was a bit disappointed, was expecting something a little more substantial. With that said, early reviews seem to be very positive.

What I like,

Performance wise it appears to be very good, frame rates, auto focus performance etc.   I'm sure the images it produces will be fantastic.                                                           Common LPE6 battery, I assume like me a lot of folks here have a few already.                     Dual card slots.

What I don't like,

I was hoping for a substantial build, similar to 7D2.                                                                       Fewer buttons to access settings.                                                                                                     No battery grip...!

All of my dislikes are just personal preference, not necessarily a deficiency. I am not a big fan of the smaller bodies, tried the M50 and just didn't like the feel of it. Although the grip side of the R7 body appears to be about the same size as the R6 which I like. From the only image I've seen of the bottom of the body there does not appear to be grip guide pin holes, which likely means there will be no grip in the future either. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

So I will keep my 90D as my crop body for a while. I will wait until the R7 is released and see what others say about the size and feel after a while and when it is in stores check out the ergonomics myself.

Also the control dial with the joystick in the middle looks strange (like a nipple) and the way it protrudes from the top of the body, but it looks like it may be very good in actual use. Where it is located is naturally where my thumb would fall while shooting so easy access to whatever is assigned to it. Not sure if this is a positive or a negative yet.

What do you think?

jcr67's gear list:jcr67's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 90D Canon EOS R6 +23 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow