Question for people who use both m43 and L panasonic cameras

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Homo erectus
Homo erectus Contributing Member • Posts: 995
Question for people who use both m43 and L panasonic cameras

I'm testing out an S5 with the Panasonic 24-105 F/4 for my job this afternoon. It's only been a few hours but so far I am really impressed with the camera in general and with the autofocus in particular.

I've been taking test shots in my dark poorly lit office while I read the manual and look through the menus and the camera is taking perfectly focused shot after perfectly focused shot.

I'm wondering if anyone here can comment on how the AF in the Panasonic M43 cameras, especially the G9, compares to the S5? Are the menus and options pretty much the same? Does the human / animal AF work as well on the M43 cameras?

Apologies if this is one of those annoying constantly rehashed subjects.

I've been exclusively using Fuji cameras since 2016 and the S5 just banged out a bunch of perfect shots in a situation where the Fuji's yield maybe 60% in focus.

Thanks!

Homo erectus's gear list:Homo erectus's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow