Tractor pulling at King's Day

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sir_c Regular Member • Posts: 434
Tractor pulling at King's Day

Finally I was able to complete the culling and editing of my pictures of a tractor pulling event last month in my city. It was held on King's Day, hence all the orange shirts.

Lots of sun, beer, loud noise and pictures, so what's not to like?

Images were shot in RAW on my XT4, post processing in Capture One. Due to me setting the camera to CH mode, I ended up with around 1700 images, which I brought back to some 400-ish proportions. That took me quite a while to sort out. It is one of the drawbacks of having a fast camera and 128GB of storage. Next time I'll try to be a bit more deliberate. The live racing shots were mostly captured with the 55-200, many of the static shots are with the 56/1.2.

Below I have a couple of highlights, for the full gallery, visit my Flickr gallery.

Mad Mustang guy was looking at me

One of the highlights of the day, a hotrod fitted with an excessively loud Hemi block

Just look at the heatwaves at the end of the pull

This dragster model was equally spectacular and even louder, how great!

Yes there were tractors too

And trucks. This one caught an engine fire at the end of the pull, see gallery for some slightly panicking crew members

Not everything went well for this BMW either, unfortunately

Another piece of sheer Madness, a Hemi 7 litre block in a Fiat 126

Fords do smoke a lot these days

Enjoy!

sir_c's gear list:sir_c's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow