OM-1 Anti-Flicker LV and S-AF issues - anyone else have this?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MerlinTheMog New Member • Posts: 20
OM-1 Anti-Flicker LV and S-AF issues - anyone else have this?

I seem to have a repeatable issue with my OM-1 and was wondering if it is just my camera that's affected by this, or if it affects others as well.

If I set Anti-Flicker LV to 50Hz (I'm in the UK so this is the best setting for me), it seems to mess up my camera's ability to use S-AF in low light.

With this setting enabled, the live view no longer flickers, but auto-focus is VERY unreliable.

If I switch to C-AF, then autofocus works fine, and if I switch to any other Anti-Flicker setting (60Hz, Off, or Auto), then S-AF seems to work much more reliably, but I get bad flicker in the live view with any interior lighting.

I've just tried this with the new 1.1 firmware hoping that this would work better now, but the behaviour is identical to the 1.0 firmware.

If you're in the UK, please can you give this a try and let me know if this setting causes S-AF problems for you too?

For me, it's very easy to repeat. With Anti-Flicker LV set to 50Hz, S-AF becomes unusable with my camera in low light and misses focus a lot more than it gets it right. It's a little bit frustrating 

Steve

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow