On1 PhotoRaw - Workflow with Offline External Disks or NAS drives

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FarFromSane New Member • Posts: 24
On1 PhotoRaw - Workflow with Offline External Disks or NAS drives

Workflow question for those using On1 2022 with Network or Offline external drives.

Today, I'm using LR.
Most of my library are on an external or Network drive. The Catalog/Previews are kept on my MacBook (16" M1 Pro) internal SSD.

With LR, I can generate previews (regular and 'smart') and the originals don't need to be online. LR will work just fine with the cached previews for most functions including Develop.

I've used ON1 in the past (2015/2017/2019 ver) and it would fail badly with offline cataloged drives. Constant high CPU, drive access etc. It was bad enough that I went back to using LR.

How well does the latest On12022 version work now?  I'm use a M1Pro based MacBook.

Also .. how well does it's On1 Sync/Cloud function work. It was advertised a lot a year or so ago but I don't see it now.

WS

FarFromSane's gear list:FarFromSane's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow