Hawaii Big Island family vacation 10 days

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ulrichsd Forum Member • Posts: 75
Hawaii Big Island family vacation 10 days

Hi all,

I'm going to the Big Island for 10 days next month with my wife and 3 daughters (ages 5-11) - I had considered leaving my Z6 at home and just relying on my LG G8 for pictures and my GoPro Hero8 for snorkeling video. But I know I'd miss it, so I think I'm going to bring the Z6 and 14-30 f/4 and 24-70 f/4 which are pretty lightweight, the gopro, and leaving the big telephoto at home (I have a Tamron 100-400). I'm primarily interested in family photos and some landscapes (volcano, Akaka falls, beaches etc). I would leave it in the condo on beach days, and bring it on the days scheduled for Volcanoes NP, Hilo waterfalls, luau and a horseback riding trip up in the Waimea area.

I also have a relatively new toy, a DJI mini SE drone, which would be fun to play around with for an evening or two and get some cool video. I'm just wondering if drones are frowned upon by the locals...

So no real question, just looking for suggestions from anyone who has been before. Thanks!!

ulrichsd's gear list:ulrichsd's gear list
Nikon Z6 Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 40mm F2
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow