Z6 ii making a faint underwater bubbly sound when it's on

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Leonie03 New Member • Posts: 13
Z6 ii making a faint underwater bubbly sound when it's on

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having.

I recently got a second-hand Z6 ii and I have had no troubles with it for the past 3 months since I've had it, up until now.

I got a circular polarising filter today for my new 14-30mm lens that I use for my RE photos and I just tried it when I noticed that the camera was making a weird noise, almost sounds like bubbles underwater? I do have an audio file of the sound but I don't know how to link it here.

It’s not insanely loud and you have to have your face right up to the camera to hear it but that being said, when I’m looking through the viewfinder or the room is silent, it can definitely be heard. I noticed it straight away so there’s no way that it has been making that sound since I got it.

I thought maybe the filter had something to do with it somehow so I took it off, the sound was still there; then I changed my lens back to the kit lens thinking maybe it was that, but no, the sound was still there, I'm still using the same battery that I got the camera with as well as the same SD card that I've been using from the beginning but, I took them both out and put them back in after a bit of time and blew in the slots but it still makes the noise.

Also, I just want to say, I haven’t used the camera that much since I’ve gotten it since I’m preparing for my HSC, I’ve only shot two properties and taken some pictures around my house and backyard but never once was it dropped, placed on a surface hard or gotten any environmental damage such as rain, or extreme temperatures so it can’t be because of any of those reasons.

Has anyone ever come across this issue with the camera or does anyone have any idea what it may be? Should I get it looked at by Nikon as I still have the warranty for it? I heard the process takes forever but I'm starting uni in September where I'm studying for a photography diploma so I definitely need the camera to be fully working and not die on me during my course.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leonie

Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow