Olympus E-M1X Field Sensor System, Electronic Shutter Questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sgt_Strider Senior Member • Posts: 2,558
Olympus E-M1X Field Sensor System, Electronic Shutter Questions

Can the compass be set to record true north?

I'm assuming the GPS only works when it's receiving a signal, bit what about the compass? I'm assuming the direction is recorded at all times since it doesn't need GPS signal? Can the compass be calibrated to improve accuracy? Can the altimeter be calibrated as well?

Is there software to download GPS constellation data to speed up the acquisition/lock process?

What is the sensor readout speed of the E-M1X? How does the sensor readout speed compare to the OM-1?

I shoot mostly travel and portrait. Is rolling shutter and distortion going to be a problem for me? Will using the E-shutter reduce the bit-depth of the RAW photos?

Can I shoot long exposures with the electronic shutter? Any noise or other issues?

Is there a Bluetooth or wireless remote? I'm looking for something that can remotely trigger a five-frame auto exposure bracket.

Thank you!

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow