Is the RP still a viable option with the release of the R7/10?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zonoskar Contributing Member • Posts: 542
Is the RP still a viable option with the release of the R7/10?

Looking to replace my ageing EOS 5Dc (it often needs some nudges to turn on, I'm expecting it to die soon), but I cannot justify spending more than $1000 on a body. This is a hobby for me, but not my main hobby. I was eyeing the RP since it's low cost and fairly competent. I never 'push' my images that much, so the limited DR of the RP is no big deal. I also don't expect to need more than 3 fps for 'action'. I'm used to the 12MPix and AF of the 5D, remember

I also have an EOS M with Viltrox 0.71x adapter that I use for making vlog posts (mainly Lego speed builds), but I find it very lacking in the video department. I don't need 4K, but it would be a bonus.

As for lenses, I have the EF 100mm f2.8 macro (non-L), the EF 17-40f4L and EFm 20mm f2, which I all find acceptable in quality. I don't plan to buy a lot of RF glass, maybe the 35mm f1.8 macro lens (as I love the 20mm on the EOS-M).

Is it still a good idea to get the RP today, or is the R10 a better deal (although I find the price to be too high for the features offered)? How does the AF of the RF stack up to the latest Canon R camera's? Ideally I would get an R6, but that body is way out of my price range (even 2nd hand).

zonoskar's gear list:zonoskar's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS M Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R10 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow