Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS M + Teleconverters: Lens Compatibility

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
paulmz
paulmz New Member • Posts: 3
Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS M + Teleconverters: Lens Compatibility

During a recent annual migration of pelicans through Duluth, I rented a Sigma 150-600mm lens. I also came across the Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 1.4x DGX teleconverter used like-new on MBP and have been pleasantly surprised in the results when used with the Sigma.

Of course I was interested to see how my other old EF lenses work with the Kenko Teleplus on my Canon M50.

• Tamron 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD for Canon EF - works well.
  • Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM - works well.
  • Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM - works well.
  • Canon EF 70–300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM - does NOT work well.

That's all I have aside from two EF-S lenses, which cannot mount to the Kenko Teleplus Pro 300. The 70-300mm is the one lens I hoped the Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 would work with the EF-EFM adapter. The 70-300mm with the teleconverter and the EF-EFM adapter is still shorter than the bare Tamron 100-400, so it's an easier pack and carry. The Canon 70-300mm lens works fine with the Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 when attached to my old T3i, so something is lost when using the EF-EFM adapter.

My overall question: what other teleconverter and lens combinations work with the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS M?

If you have used any other teleconverters with an EOS-M camera, please share what works (or what doesn't). Personally, I am most interested in finding a teleconverter that works with the Canon EF 70–300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM and the EF-EFM adapter but curating an extensive list could help others.

paulmz's gear list:paulmz's gear list
Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM +3 more
Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow