workflow

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
El Dulli New Member • Posts: 3
workflow

I shoot a Nikon D750 and have around 3TB of Lightroom catalogue of mostly family and travel photos and recently purchased a MBP M1 with 1TB storage as my 2010 iMac died and desk space was short.

My old workflow was ingesting, sorting and deleting in Lightroom Classic on an iMac 2010 with catalogue on SSD + library on two external drives that were always plugged in and off site backup to Backblaze. I used CCC to raid the two external hard drives. This workflow was fine albeit with one problem - I wanted to merge my own iPhone pictures and my wife’s iPhone pictures with the Lightroom catalogue so everything was living in chronologue next to each other, but I never got it smoothly set up so ever year I has to unload all the phone photos in a cumbersome process.

Backblaze does not play nice with the external drives on the MBP. It keeps safety freezing which is a pain to deal with and I recently lost the online backup as I hadn’t plugged the external drive for a month. so I’m now considering other options, but I’m not sure what will work the best.

Besides the MBP I have two 4 TB external usb 2.5 drives. The router is a google nest. I would prefer to run the Lightroom library as a network drive, as import and export time consumption is not an issue for me. I have considered:

- getting a router that can map the external hard drives as network drives. Off site could not be Backblaze, as they do not support network drives.
- getting a NAS and new external hard drives. This still needs off site backup and adds a lot of new hardware

I already subscribe to google one (100 GB) for my Gmail account and iCloud (2TB) for backup of the family’s phones.

I am obviously a bit lost and would appreciate if anyone out there has some experience/advise. Maybe even to solve the iPhone photos going into the LR workflow, which has always bothered me! In my experience time capsule and iCloud feels a little sandboxed, I like to have a backup that retains a folder structure.

El Dulli's gear list:El Dulli's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow