Replacing my old Pixma 9000 MkII

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kd_in_kd New Member • Posts: 1
Replacing my old Pixma 9000 MkII

Good Afternoon,

I've had stepped away from photography for some time now that my wedding is over and I have images I want to print again, I'm taking serious consideration in upgrading my printer.  I like to print large prints on 13x19 which was a serious benefit of the 9000 Mk II.

However now that I'm shooting more on newer cameras and newer versions of Lightroom, the cracks are starting to show in it's capabilities.  Case in point I was printing out an image of my wife and the shading on her arms going into shadow was tonally off.  Way off.

I'd love to have a roll printer as I do have frames that accommodate up to 24" in size, but I would use that functionality infrequently.

The Prograf Pro-1000 has been on the market for quite a long time and I'm fearful of getting one and then Canon releases a new unit in the next 12 months.

Also, currently it appears that cartridges are available for this in the secondary market that aren't costing OEM prices.  Does anyone have experience with Canon starting to chip their cartridges / devices to allow only EOM inks or pigments?  Is Canon making this a standard on all new hardware they release?

What is your take on the Pro-1000, how well does it handle skin tones and shadows / light transitions?  I may be printing some boudoir photography of my wife and will want prints that provide the best skin tone quality possible.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow