SD Card on My 5D4 Stopped(?) Recording Images

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bike Messenger Junior Member • Posts: 27
SD Card on My 5D4 Stopped(?) Recording Images

Till yesterday I'd never had a memory card fail in almost two decades of shooting and so, as a non-professional, I'd always thought of the dual-card feature on my 5d4 as overkill for my needs.  But I'm appreciating it now.

I shot at an event last night and came home to find the SD card had only the first five images of  the hundred that were shot and this was true on multiple readers on multiple computers. I had seen no errors reported by the camera while shooting. (The CF card luckily had all the images.) I ran a file system check on the SD card and it came back with no errors. None the less, I deep formatted the SD card, put it back in the camera, shot a bunch of test shots and everything seemed to work fine.

My questions:

- Anyone every encounter this?

- Any idea of what the possible cause could be? I checked my configuration and the camera was properly set up to record to both cards (mirror images)  in parallel which is how I've had it since day one. The card was readable and the file system did not appear to be corrupted according to Windows.

- What do you think about continuing to use the SD card? It appears to be working fine.

Thanks!

Bike Messenger's gear list:Bike Messenger's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow