So I contacted Peak Design and PolarPro about the same problem...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
SDreamer Regular Member • Posts: 108
Re: So I contacted Peak Design and PolarPro about the same problem...

I feel that older manufacturers and companies are going to find themselves at a disadvantage with newer companies like Peak Design really addressing the hidden elephant in the room, customer service. I've had a few things from Peak Design before in the past, and their customer has been stellar. It's no wonder they've basically become the Apple experience in camera accessories. The sad part of it is, you have smaller companies trying to piggy back off their success such as Polar Pro, offering similar equipment, but not following up with customer service as you've experienced. Then there's the old dogs such as Lowepro, who's product design seems to be keeping up to 1-2 steps behind, but again their customer service is still a bit lacking. We're at the point that products are no longer just a product, but a buy in to a community and platform in a way. When you have a Peak Design product you're join hundreds of others, and their customer service seems to just recognize the customer as a customer, not as a number. Even though I no longer have anymore Peak Design products, my next purchase is going to them most likely after trying others and having a similar experience to yours.

SDreamer's gear list:SDreamer's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III OM-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow