R1/R7

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlueRay2 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,733
R1/R7

Hello,

i was holding out for R1/R7 and bypass R5 for many reasons that i have, aren't worth discussing here. the more i thought about it, the more i have come to the conclusion that canon is not in a hurry to come out with new camera, even one to compete with the new Nikon Z9 due to chip shortages and economic environment that exists today. not many people are ready to part with $6K/$7K just to buy a camera, in other words, the new camera is not gonna create an orgy like R5 did that still continues!

my point is: are there others that have given up on a new R camera model like i have? what would you do if you were waiting for the new R model and you were skeptical about R5 and R3 just doesn't cut it for you? i don't have a R camera, yet, but i am seriously thinking about R5. but in the same time, i don't want make a $4K mistake, buying a R5 and find out that R1 or R7 being announced by canon next month or in the near future. i am in no hurry right now because i own a 1dmk4/1Dx/ and a 5DsR, and i love them all, they are more cameras than my capabilities at this time. if i acquire a R camera, whether it is a R1/R7, it is going to be the last camera i'll have for the rest of my natural life (i am retired).

i appreciate your positive input and debate!

the best.

-- hide signature --

Unexamined world isn't worth living in. "Socrates"

Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R7 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow