Alternatives to the Canon R6 ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
evetsf Senior Member • Posts: 1,684
Re: Alternatives to the Canon R6 ?

mangurian wrote:

Ido Scharf wrote:

The buying guide covers this. Basically, its main competitors are the Sony a7 IV and Nikon Z6 II. There's also the Panasonic Lumix S5, and there are more cameras in other formats.

Can't definitively say one is better than the others. You should first look at the system, see if it has the lenses you want to use and can afford. Then look for specific features that matter to you; for example, I prefer cameras with fully articulated screens over those with a tilting screen. Visit a store, if you can, to try the cameras in-hand before choosing one; if a camera feels awkward and uncomfortable to hold and operate, that's a red flag.

Good advice. thanks

And, if you don't have a local retail store where you can try these out, consider renting your final candidates. LensRentals should have all of the options listed in the thread.

That's how I chose my current kit. Did my research, but needed to confirm that my choice was indeed valid. The nearest "local" store is two hours away. A week's rental of camera & lenses from LensRentals showed that it would indeed fill my needs, and was certainly a much more thorough trial than what could have been achieved with a store visit.

-- hide signature --

Steve
48-75North.zonerama.com
- The Hierarchy Approves -
All rights reserved for any images in my Gallery or included in a message. Specific exceptions may be granted upon request.

evetsf's gear list:evetsf's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow