€1000 to invest in better theater photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rolstaartbeer New Member • Posts: 9
€1000 to invest in better theater photography

I like to do theater photography. I do this with a Olympus OM‑D E‑M10 Mark IV with a 14-42 EZ kitlens. I really like this set because I bought it for travel photography and it’s tiny. Together with my relatively small 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 ED for bird photography I can literally walk with my camera+pancake lens in one pocket of my jacket and the 70-300 in my other pocket, it’s perfect. My photos won’t win any awards but if my camera wasn’t this small I would use it far less and a camera is only useful when you actually use it.

So it’s perfect for travel but not for theater photography with low light which I do more and more. I cannot spend a lot of money so I decided to buy a secondhand X-T20 with a XF 18-55mm lens. It’s not fullframe but the bigger sensor should be better in low light. The thing is, I have noticed I don’t make better pictures with the X-T20. Despite the X-T20 being better for theater photography on paper, I like my experience with the Olympus camera better. Maybe it’s the better handling?

So I decided to sell my X-T20 and invest in a better M43 set-up for theater photography. I have about €1000 to spend. What would be best? Stick with my M10 mark II and buy a Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO? Or sell my M10 mark II and by a M10 mark IV or a M5 mark III? Or are there other creative ideas? Thanks!

Fujifilm X-T20 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
Dan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow