xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 22,633
Re: color-blind swans Technical Comment Withdrawn

ole kekkonen wrote:

xpatUSA wrote:

ole kekkonen wrote:

xpatUSA wrote:

xpatUSA wrote:

ole kekkonen wrote:

Showing here some of the difficulties in the extreme and why I often just grab my G9 instead because the ease of use.

Yep, I do that too ...

my feeling i: don't worry, it's supposed to be fun - but there might be something to this Foveon.

Ole, shooting at 1/800 sec at f /6.3 implies a lighting value of 15EV (i.e. full or slightly hazy sunlight) and the -1 EC implies even more light than that. I assume that you were trying not to blow the swans' plumage?

I would attribute the different colors to the use of Auto WB which is easily fooled on any camera...

I see that the date/time is the same for each shot, duh. Meaning that Ole played games by messing with the same capture three ways. Not sure why ...

because I dont like the original merrill color

Oh.

actually the quattro colors seems more spot on

Indeed, if "more spot on" means more accurate, then Arg's dp0 Quattro was the most accurate camera that I have measured using a 24-patch color card.

-- hide signature --

what you got is not what you saw ...

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Sigma SD9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow