Fuji film simulations in older cameras

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DomiDarko
DomiDarko Regular Member • Posts: 179
Fuji film simulations in older cameras

So, recently I've been trying to get a softer, glowy, more film-like look with my images using diffusion filters but also contemplating different lenses. I've since been out shooting again after a long spell busy with work etc and am getting good results with my current set-up. The f2 lenses are surprising me with their sharpness and rendering again.

Since I got an XT3 I've been shooting RAW and using the presets I built myself but looking back at my old X100T images where I was using custom film sims, the Jpegs have a much nicer look that I can't put my finger on which tones down the F2 contrast. This is especially evident in good light or summer photos, in bad light or difficult lighting the RAW sometimes work better. Lightroom seem to do something to the sharpening and the curve is not quite right with the LR version of the simulations.

Now I'm starting to move back to the Jpegs for most of my images but really want an XPro3 to get native Classic Neg in-camera. However, I would also like Nostalgic Neg but the XP3 doesn't have this. I read up on the reasons why these cameras don't have these but I cannot fathom a logical reason apart from Fuji want us to keep buying the latest camera for the new sim.

Surely though, at this point, sales are not going to be effected that much if the XT3 got Classic Neg and the XP3 got Nostalgic Neg. If anything, I think the community would love Fuji even more if the Kaizen approach was fulfilled and we were gifted these sims as loyal customers?

Having been with Fuji for 6 years now I know this I unlikely to happen but I wish they would just say yes or no. You can get pretty close tweaking the Jpegs or hacking the LR files but its not the same.

-- hide signature --

The little things, there's nothing bigger.

DomiDarko's gear list:DomiDarko's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow