Birds in flight with Finepix?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
missedshot
missedshot Senior Member • Posts: 1,165
Birds in flight with Finepix?

I have never done "street" photography in my life and I'm no good at people stuff.  I tried a wedding for a friend once, what a disaster!  My interest is wildlife and if there happens to be a beautiful sunset I'll give it a try.  I've heard it said here that BIF is impossible with our Finepix.  Well, that's pretty close to true I think but sometimes it's possible with big birds gliding.  This evening the ospreys were fishing, flying by looking for fish.  Getting focus at the beginning of a burst is hard and getting proper exposure when they fly in and out of trees makes it really hard.  Here's a couple that are just O.K. if you don't zoom in.

The setting sun gave a yellow tint to the ordinarily brilliant white.  It finally got too dark but that sunset was awesome.  I'm lucky this reservoir is only a few miles from home.

This last Eagle shot is old, one I've posted before.  The first Eagle shot with my S1.

No, none of these are going to win a prize but I sure have a lot of fun trying.

missedshot's gear list:missedshot's gear list
FinePix S1 Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Panasonic S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow